This is my favorite picture from this last weekend.
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Potty Training
Last Saturday Jayda went potty on her potty chair for the first time. We have had the potty chairs since the girls turned one, but they have never actually gone potty until then. So what does this crazy mama do?? I decide at the last minute to potty train my two less than two year olds!!! So, the next three days were filled with wet underwear, constant potty runs, and even a couple tantrums. We would go potty, only to have an accident 5 minutes later. We had to sit one night and read books on the potty for a half hour so Azlyn could poop. On Thursday night we went to a program at Isaak's school and of course being proactive I put pull-ups on them so we wouldn't have any big accidents during the show. We took two potty breaks in the middle, and much to my surprise, both of my big girls were DRY when we got home. After that I decided that we had made the transition from potty training to potty trained. Since that day, we have had two accidents!!!! Don't get me wrong, the first three days sucked, and it is still me taking them potty every couple hours, but three bags of skittles and a couple undies in the garbage later my less than two year olds are POTTY TRAINED!!!! I am so proud of my big girls and their determination. Last night they each got to go to the store and pick out a new pack of underwear. Jayda picked Minnie Mouse and Azlyn picked Tinkerbell. As I type this they are wearing them proudly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment